Competition: win a 40 inch Panasonic TV!
We’re big fans of smart home gadgets at Broadband Genie, but lately they’ve been showing up in the news for all the wrong reasons.
The lax security of many smart home devices has allowed hackers to use them for DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks, with the most recent example causing widespread outages. This is a big problem. It’s not just that they can be used to bring down web sites, but poorly secured smart gear could allow people to mess with your lights and appliances, or even break into your home if you’re one of the growing number who have a smart lock.
Do you use smart home gadgets? If not, why not? And are you worried about the privacy and security implications of smart cities? We’d like your opinion, and in return for filling out the brief survey below you can be entered into a prize draw to win a lovely new Panasonic 40-inch 1080p flat screen TV.
For your chance at winning simply complete the survey and provide a valid email address or Twitter handle (so we can get in touch if your name is picked out the hat) by the 2nd of December.
COMPETITION CLOSED! Thanks for taking part.
By entering this prize draw you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- One winner will receive a Panasonic 40-inch HDTV.
- Exact model is subject to change depending on availability.
- No cash alternative.
- In order to be eligible for the draw a valid email address or Twitter username must be supplied in the survey form.
- Winner will be selected and notified by Twitter or email within 30 days of the closing date.
- Open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over.
- Entry via the survey form only.
- One entry per person
- Not open to employees of Genie Ventures Ltd.
- This promotion is operated by Genie Ventures Ltd, Carlyle House, Carlyle Road, Cambridge, CB4 3DN.