Competition: win a new Samsung 1080p TV!
Get your hands on a brand new Samsung HDTV in our latest prize draw. All you need to do is complete the survey below to enter...
Since last month, those caught sharing copyrighted files online may receive a warning notice from their broadband provider.
The Voluntary Copyright Alert Program (VCAP) is an effort to dissuade pirates by informing them that their activities have been detected, and advising of alternative legal avenues. ISPs which have joined the scheme will send “educational” notices to subscribers suspected of sharing material.
Although there are no legal consequences which can come about from these notices (yet) it’s hoped that pirates will be scared straight and inspired to head over to the Get It Right from a Genuine Site page, where they can find a list of legit sources.
In our latest poll we’d like to know if you, or anyone you know, has received one of these notices, and what you think about piracy in general. And in return for filling out the survey below you’ll be entered into the prize draw to win a lovely new Samsung telly (for enjoying all those legally acquired movies and TV shows).
COMPETITION CLOSED! Thanks for entering!
By entering this prize draw you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- One winner will receive either a Samsung 40-inch 1080p TV.
- Exact model is subject to change depending on availability.
- No cash alternative.
- In order to be eligible for the draw a valid email address or Twitter username must be supplied in the survey form.
- Winners will be selected and notified by Twitter or email within 30 days of the closing date.
- Open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over.
- Entry via the survey form only.
- One entry per person
- Not open to employees of Genie Ventures Ltd.
- This promotion is operated by Genie Ventures Ltd, Carlyle House, Carlyle Road, Cambridge, CB4 3DN.