Competition: win a new Samsung 1080p HDTV!
Earlier this month, countries around the world were hit by a cyber attack which crippled computer systems. The "WannaCrypt" virus exploited a bug in older versions of Windows, installing ransomware which encrypted the hard drive and demanded payment to unlock files.
In the UK it was the NHS which was most badly affected. The organisation's computer systems are still running Windows XP, the 16 year old operating system which Microsoft stopped supporting in 2014.
WannaCrypt is one of the largest cyber attacks seen yet, but it's not going to be the last, and the problem is only going to become more severe as malware becomes increasingly sophisticated and we grow ever more reliant on computers.
We'd like to know more about you feel about cyber attacks, whether you were a victim of WannaCrypt, and what steps you take to protect your devices. In return for completing the survey below, you have the chance to win a brand new Samsung flatscreen HDTV.
The competition opens on the 17th May, and closes at 5pm on the 7th June. To be entered into the prize draw, don't forget to include an email address or Twitter handle at the end so we can get in touch if your name is picked out of the hat.
By entering this prize draw you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- One winner will receive a Samsung high definition TV.
- Exact model and specification is subject to change depending on availability.
- No cash alternative.
- In order to be eligible for the draw a valid email address or Twitter username must be supplied in the survey form.
- Winners will be selected and notified by Twitter or email within 30 days of the closing date.
- Open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over.
- Entry via the survey form only.
- One entry per person
- Not open to employees of Genie Ventures Ltd.
- This promotion is operated by Genie Ventures Ltd, Carlyle House, Carlyle Road, Cambridge, CB4 3DN.