Competition: win a Sony PlayStation 4 games console
Amazon recently added a new feature to its Instant Video service and it may concern the likes of Sky and Virgin, because the online shopping giant is muscling in on their territory.
Amazon Channels offers a variety of live TV channels that you stream via the web site or supported hardware, but rather than forcing you to sign up for a bundle which may include channels that are of little or no interest, Channels is an à la carte service. You can pick choose as few or as many of the channels as you like, without any commitments. The line-up includes Eurosport, MGM and Discovery, with prices ranging from £2.29 to £6.99 per month.
But while this may appeal to cord-cutters who are keen to get access to specific channels without signing on for a TV package contract, there's a catch: you still need a TV licence.
Although Channels does not include BBC services, TV licence rules state that watching any live broadcasts through any service or device requires the £147 a year licencing fee.
How do you feel about this? We'd like to know, as well as finding out how you currently watch TV. And in return for filling out the brief survey below you can enter a prize draw to win an awesome new Sony PlayStation 4 games console.
The competition opens on the 15th of June, and closes at 5pm on the 13th of July. In order to enter the prize draw we only ask that you provide a valid email address or Twitter name so that we can get in touch if your name is picked out of the hat.
By entering this prize draw you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- One winner will receive a Sony Playstation 4 console.
- Exact model and specification is subject to change depending on availability.
- No cash alternative.
- In order to be eligible for the draw a valid email address or Twitter username must be supplied in the survey form.
- Winners will be selected and notified by Twitter or email within 30 days of the closing date.
- Open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over.
- Entry via the survey form only.
- One entry per person
- Not open to employees of Genie Ventures Ltd.
- This promotion is operated by Genie Ventures Ltd, Carlyle House, Carlyle Road, Cambridge, CB4 3DN.