The coronavirus lockdown has, for many of us, meant spending a lot more time at home. And in turn, this is having a huge impact on internet usage; broadband providers are reporting double the normal amount of traffic during the day, Netflix has added 16 million new subscribers, and there's also been a massive increase in the popularity of VPNs.
Virtual Private Networks (VPN) provide an encrypted connection to the internet which you can use to circumvent site blocks, hide your online activity, or make it appear like you're in another country. They're also widely used by businesses for providing secure remote access to servers and systems for employees.
Have you recently started using a VPN? What are you using it for? We'd like to know if you're using a VPN, and why, and in return for completing the brief survey below you can enter our prize draw to win a £100 Amazon voucher.
The competition closes on the 5th of June. In order to take part in the giveaway, all you need to do is complete the survey and provide a valid email address or Twitter name at the end (so we can get in touch if you win).
Terms and conditions
- Competition is open from 24/04/20 - 05/06/20.
- One winner will receive a £100 Amazon voucher.
- No cash alternative.
- In order to be eligible for the draw, a valid email address or Twitter username must be supplied in the survey form.
- Winner will be selected and notified by Twitter or email within 30 days of the closing date.
- Open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over.
- Entry via the survey form only.
- One entry per person
- Not open to employees of Genie Ventures Ltd.
- This promotion is operated by Genie Ventures Ltd, Carlyle House, Carlyle Road, Cambridge, CB4 3DN.