Few industries escaped the coronavirus pandemic unscathed, but one that’s taken more punishment than most is entertainment.
Cinemas in particular have felt the impact from forced closures; while many theatres and live venues were able to keep operating in some form via live streaming and outdoor events, there are few alternative income options for cinema operators.
However, their loss was a gain for Netflix and other streaming providers. There was a surge in TV viewing during the lockdown, and streaming services gained a massive number of new customers. It’s estimated that 12 million people joined a new service, and three million of them had never used streaming before.
Will this change in viewing behaviour have a lasting impact? We’d like to find out if and how the pandemic changed how you watched TV and movies, and whether you’re itching to get back to the big screen or are happy with your home cinema. And in return for completing the brief survey below, you can enter a prize draw to win a £100 Amazon shopping voucher.
This competition opens on the 26th of May 2021, and closes on the 21st of June 2021. To be included in the prize draw you just need to provide an email address or Twitter handle at the end of the questionnaire.
Terms and conditions
- Competition is open from 26/05/21 - 21/06/21.
- One winner will receive a £100 Amazon voucher.
- No cash alternative.
- In order to be eligible for the draw, a valid email address or Twitter name must be supplied in the survey form.
- Winner will be selected and notified by email within 30 days of the closing date.
- Open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over.
- Entry via the survey form only.
- One entry per person
- Not open to employees of Genie Ventures Ltd.
- This promotion is operated by Genie Ventures Ltd, Carlyle House, Carlyle Road, Cambridge, CB4 3DN.