Personally I've had no problem with Virgin, just upgraded my package and my internet speed rarely drops below 120mbs and off peak hits the advertised 150mbs. it pays to haggle, I got this and and a £15 reduction in my bill
Unsure about which package to choose? Call our helpline - 0800 4661 043 or we can call you >
- Great savings on offer if you bundle broadband with TV and phone
- Good special offers for new customers
- If you aren't in a cable area, Virgin National (ADSL broadband) is a good alternative
- No fair use policy but packages with unlimited downloads may be restricted by acceptable use and traffic management policies
Best selling Virgin broadband deals
- Broadband + PhoneVirgin 50Mb Broadband & Calls
- FREE setup + £5/mth*£15.50 after 6 months
- Includes phone bundle*+ £15.99/mth line rental, or £10.66 if you pay 1 year in advance. Unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines and Virgin mobiles
- Up to 50Mb max speed
Or Call 0808 168 4659
- Broadband + TVBig Kahuna: 152Mb Broadband, TV & Calls
- FREE setup + £35/mth*£45 after 12 months
- Phone*+ £15.99/mth line rental, or £10.66 if you pay 1 year in advance. Unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines and Virgin mobiles and digital TV*230+ channels (43 in HD) includes BT Sport + 14 Sky channels 500GB TiVo box - pause, rewind and record TV, catch-up TV, Sky Anytime (limited on-demand content); plus Virgin TV Anywhere - 54 live channels on the go & 4,000+ hours of TV on demand
- Offer ends TODAY*£10 off for 12 months + £90 credit off your bill + FREE setup
Or Call 0808 168 4659
Broadband Genie Home Broadband Awards
Virgin performed exceptionally well in our Broadband Survey 2014 Awards thanks to the strong performance of its ultra-fast fibre optic cable broadband. The top packages are now offering speeds of up to 152Mb, faster than any other mass-market ISP.
In the speed tests conducted throughout 2013 Virgin was on top with a fastest average speed which was well ahead of all competitors.
Virgin was also a finalist for the overall Best Broadband Provider award, achieving very strong ratings in our poll in all areas.
Virgin Media is the latest company to nail its colours on the UK's cable network - the only real challenger to BT's telephone exchanges used by every other fixed-lined broadband provider. And they're making a pretty good go of it too: cable speeds now run 'up to' 152Mb, exceeding the best performance of BT's fastest fibre optic lines, and you can throw TV, mobile and phone lines into the deal too. Support is about average for fixed-line broadband, which means it isn't great. However it is free, with tech support lines open 24/7 (to 'global' call centres).
It's been quite a journey for cable in the UK. US company Telewest hoovered up a lot of smaller UK cable firms in the 80s and 90s, while the privatised Independent Broadcasting Authority - bought by CableTel and all renamed NTL in 1998 - began doing the same. NTL and Telewest merged in 2006, with NTL:Telewest then merging with Virgin Mobile in 2007. Virgin Media cable broadband service now has more than 4.3 million subscribers, second only to BT as the largest ISP.
Virgin Media's cable coverage is gradually improving and its 'super-fast' broadband is now available to millions of homes. It plans to roll this out over the entire network and has also commenced are program where speeds are to be increased for no extra cost, giving the option of 50Mb, 100Mb or 152Mb services, with 152Mb available in a growing number of select locations.
This company lies constantly! They tell you what you need to hear on the phone but this never appears on your notes and never happens. We were mis sold our original package (as it seems is pretty normal), we had our tv installed and then broken so we didn't have service, we were told the original item we had been told didn't exist does exist, we were promised a discount and that lasted 1 month and then surprise surprise there is nothing on our system showing this agreed discount so now you have to pay double! They pass you from pillar to post, patronise you, have no clue (one person will tell you it's not possible, the next will send you an engineer and the final person of you're persistent enough will do it for you over the phone) and lie constantly. The worst is they talk over you and don't let you speak. Awful awful company I would NEVER use Virgin again and make a point of telling everyone I know not to use them.
Take care if you don't know how long you will be living in a property.
I was told prior to contract if they could not provide the service when I moved the contract would be cancelled with no penalties.
Surprise Im moving they cannot provide virgin service and have charged me £166.66!!!!
Blimey, glad i found this page, as for all of you that think your stuck there is a contract that you pay for a service if your not getting it they have broken there contract, simply tell them in writing, copied and recorded delivery you are canceling there contract on the grounds they are not complying with the terms, in that they supply you a service, let them threaten to sue but stick it out, youl find they do not want a day in court