Had BT Engineer call on 4 occasions over the past 2 years for the same problem. ie poor connections a extremely variable speeds. Will have to call them again. I keep telling them there's a problem with the junction box on the telegraph post outside my house but they ignore me and try something else which never works!!
Unsure about which package to choose? Call our helpline - 0800 4661 043 or we can call you >
- Good range of broadband packages which you can bundle with phone and TV options
- BT's fibre optic broadband service Infinity available in some areas
- Pay one year in advance to save money on your line rental
- BT Sport available to all BT broadband customers through the online app, or as a TV channel if you take BT TV
Best selling BT broadband deals
- Broadband + PhoneStudent Deal: BT Unlimited Infinity 1 & Calls
- £30 setup + £19/mth
- Includes phone bundle*+ £15.99/mth line rental. Inclusive weekend UK landline calls including 0870 numbers on home phone and on your mobile with BT SmartTalk.
- Up to 38Mb max speed
Or Call 0800 783 0968
- Broadband + TVBT TV Essential, Broadband & Calls
- FREE setup + £9/mth*£15 after 6 months
- Phone* + £15.99/mth line rental, £11.75/mth if you pay 1 year in advance. Inclusive weekend UK landline calls including 0870 numbers on home phone and on your mobile with BT SmartTalk. and digital TV*70 Freeview channels (+4 in HD). FREE BT Sport on your TV YouView+ box - pause/rewind/record live TV; 7-day Scrollback TV; Catch-up TV (BBC/ITV/C4/C5); On-demand content. Access to the BT Sport app and online player.
- Offer ends 18 Oct*£25 Sainsbury's voucher plus FREE TV activation (voucher only available online)
Or Call 0800 783 0968
- Broadband + PhoneBT Unlimited Infinity 2 & Calls
- FREE setup + £20/mth*£26 after 3 months
- Includes phone bundle* + £15.99/mth line rental, £13.32/mth if you pay 1 year in advance. Inclusive weekend UK landline calls including 0870 numbers on home phone and on your mobile with BT SmartTalk.
- Up to 76Mb max speed
Or Call 0800 783 0968
Broadband Genie Home Broadband Awards
While BT didn't win any awards in the 2014 Home Broadband Survey, the ISP did receive some good poll ratings. Notably, 70% of BT customers would recommend them, 77% consider the connection to be reliable and 70% are satisfied with the speed. BT was also a nominated finalist in the Best Bundle Provider category for its good value TV packages, and came close to winning Most Innovative provider.
The big daddy of UK broadband, BT owns the infrastructure that all other providers except Virgin Media use to put ADSL, ADSL2+ and now fibre optic internet into your home. It's the biggest fixed-line broadband provider by user numbers, its 'Home Hub' wireless router is well regarded, and it offers a good variety of products - everything from a straight broadband deal to offers including mobile phones, mobile broadband dongles and television services. With the introduction of BT Sport in 2013 the firm is now competing directly with premium TV bundle providers.
BT is rolling out 'super-fast' fibre broadband ('up to' 76Mb speeds) and continues to expand its ADSL2+ footprint, but is often criticised for not doing this fast enough (or without prompting from government). As you might expect from such a big company, some customers find the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, but it does offer 24/7 customer services and technical support, with premium options also available.
BT claims to be the world's oldest communications company, dating back to the Electric Telegraph Company of 1846. British Telecom (as it was known) was formerly part of the Post Office - then a government department - but became a public limited company (plc) in 1984. It now has more than 5.5 million subscribers (including Plusnet, which it owns) to its BT Total Broadband products, which it runs in partnership with Yahoo!
Bloody disgusting we ring up a call centre worker hangs up we report on facebook. Then next day ring in again and we are told we will be compensated !, then when it's eventually fixed you say you don't count weekends even though we are paying for those days and you don't count the day I reported here and the same day your call centre worker hung up. Then today I explained my mum has been with you decades and will leave the reply was if you decide to that's up to you !!! Great thanks !! So 5 days no phone no internet and no great customer service. Do you want to retain your long time customers ? Who haves been with you many decades? Clearly not
@BTCare No phone line & internet for 5 days and no compensation!What a rubbish service Top price too!may go plus net it's half the price!!!!
About 3 weeks ago my BT broadband started dropping out been through customer service/several hours of testing/engineer failing to turn up/threats that I will have to pay £130 because the fault is caused by my equipment/cabling/trees/vandalism. Last night the guys in Bangalore phoned in response to my text replying to the BT here engineer coming - only he/she didn't. No explanation. Have a promise that engineer coming Friday evening. Here's the strange thing - broadband connection has been working fine since that call. Coincidence? Mind you the speed is terrible - can't use iPlayer, open messages on Facebook or anything more than basic stuff. My theory echoes other comments. Three weeks ago BT started promoting Infinity - now all of the new customers are being set up with a limited number of engineers and equipment being diverted from the basic service. Can't wait to end the contract and find the next dreadful service, but at a reduced price.