How to contact Origin Broadband support and customer service
If you need to contact Origin Broadband for any reason, it’s good to have options. The website has a selection of self-help options if you would like to address your own issues or find quick answers to common questions. They do offer direct contact too.
Origin Broadband support is open:
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 am - 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Bank holidays: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Origin Broadband telephone numbers
There are live chat options and FAQs on the Origin website but sometimes we want to talk to a real person. Origin markets themselves as working with real people to help other real people.
The Origin Broadband telephone number is 0330 024 1777.
There is a voice recognition system so you can choose who you want to speak to. If you want to shortcut, try these options:
- For technical support press 1
- To switch to Origin Broadband press 2
- To check on your order progress press 3
- To renew your contract press 4
- If you’re thinking of leaving origin press 5
- Customer services and billing press 6For business broadband press 7
- For anything else press 8
Origin Broadband address
If you need to contact Origin Broadband in writing, their address is:
Old Town Hall
Origin Broadband live chat
If you would like to use live chat instead of calling Origin Broadband customer service, you can. It is available for the same hours as above. To access live chat, visit the Origin contact page select "Chat to us" near the bottom. It will open a chat window and connect you to an agent.
Is Origin Broadband down?
If you’re having issues with your internet and think your service might be down, there are a couple of things to try before contacting Origin Broadband. First, try rebooting the device you're using to connect. Then reboot your modem and/or router.
If your broadband connection still seems down, here are some ways to find out if it’s a network issue or not:
Contact Origin Broadband on Twitter.
Contact Origin Broadband on Facebook.
Use Down Detector and check for BT outages. As Origin Broadband uses the BT Openreach network, checking for BT outages in your area could quickly answer your question.
If you need more help with Origin connectivity problems, or broadband issues in general, read our guide to troubleshooting broadband.
How to complain about Origin Broadband
Should you ever need to complain about Origin Broadband, there are mechanisms for doing so. There is a specific process for complaining to any broadband provider and is goes something like this:
- Complain directly to Origin Broadband using one of their contact methods. Call, write or live chat, explain your situation, provide evidence if appropriate and let customer services work on the issue. Give them time to do that but ask for a specific time you can expect a resolution.
- Escalate the issue within Origin Broadband. If you don’t hear back when you expect to, request an escalation. If the solution provided by the company is not to your satisfaction, ask to speak to a manager. Allow them time to resolve if they can.
- Contact the ombudsman if you do not get a resolution within eight weeks or receive a deadlock letter.
Get in touch via Twitter
If you want to contact Origin Broadband via social media, you might find this is a quick avenue to getting a response. Try sending a message on Twitter. If you don’t receive a timely response, you could try their Facebook page.
Complain to Origin Broadband in writing
If you would like to put your grievance in writing, it is perfectly within your rights to do so. Outline your complaint, provide copies of evidence if relevant and explain any steps taken so far and the cause of the complaint.
Send your written complaint to:
Old Town Hall
Complaining about Origin Broadband to Ombudsman Services: Communications
If you have complained to Origin Broadband and have not received a satisfactory resolution, you can take your issue to the ombudsman. For the ombudsman to accept your complaint you will need to have either waited eight weeks for a response or have received a deadlock letter. Only then can you complain to Ombudsman Services: Communications.
If you would like to know more about how to complain about broadband read our in-depth guide.
Leaving Origin? Switch and save £100s
If you are just thinking about leaving Origin, we would recommend our guide to cancelling Origin Broadband. We also advise you contact Origin to see if you are out of contract - if so you can switch to a (significantly) cheaper deal for free.
If you are out of contract, start your switch by entering your postcode below. This will show all the amazing deals available for you now:
Broadband Genie postcode checkerWhy do we need your postcode?
Why do we need your postcode?