Can you get broadband with free gifts?
Yes! Broadband deals with free gifts are frequently available, and can be a great way to get more value when you're buying or switching broadband.
What types of free gifts can you get with broadband?
Free gifts with broadband can include:
Shopping vouchers and prepaid credit cards: Vouchers may be for specific stores, or high street vouchers which can be redeemed in a wide variety of shops. Prepaid cards (such as a BT Reward Card) can be spent almost anywhere.
Free gadgets: These are rarer, but occasionally a broadband deal will include a free gadget. In the past, we’ve seen broadband with free Bluetooth speakers, free televisions, and even free laptops.
Cashback: Cashback deals will either provide you with a cheque (as with Plusnet Cashback), or come in the form of a bill credit which will be applied to your broadband bills automatically.
Will I get a free Wi-Fi router?
Most home unlimited internet packages include a free Wi-Fi router. The router is used to access the internet and share the connection around your home. Some providers will require a small payment for postage.
What are prepaid cards and how do they work?
Prepaid cards, or reward cards, are credit cards which come preloaded with credit. These may be preferable to shopping vouchers as the money can be spent in any store which accepts card payments.
However, in some cases, you may not receive a physical card but an electronic "virtual card", in which case you may only be able to spend this online.
How do I find what gifts are currently available in the comparison table?
You can instantly find out which deals have free gifts by looking at the “offers” column in our comparison table. To view more information about the gift, click “offer details and pricing”.
Should I choose cheaper broadband over a free gift?
Free gifts can be a nice extra, but don’t let your decision be swayed by a freebie alone. It’s important to choose an option that offers the right features at an affordable price.
It can pay to consider all of the broadband deals available to you, for example, the cheapest deals are often on longer contracts, but flexible contracts are also available if you can't commit. Or, would broadband with no upfront cost actually be the cheapest option for you?
Take into account the full cost of the package, including setup and other upfront fees, and don't neglect crucial features such as the speed and data usage limit. If you've got a cheap deal for your phone and TV already, you could also look at broadband only deals. If your ideal package also has a free gift that’s a bonus!
Which broadband providers commonly offer free gifts and vouchers?
Some of the offers found in our comparison table in the recent past include…
- BT: Reward cards up to £200.
- TalkTalk: £0 setup and Amazon vouchers.
- Sky: M&S shopping vouchers.
- Virgin Media: Free Bluetooth speakers, vouchers for Amazon, M&S, and John Lewis.
- EE: Vouchers up to £100.
In addition to the free gifts given by broadband providers, there are also regular Broadband Genie exclusive offers where we add our own vouchers on top. These specials are only available on packages bought online through Broadband Genie. It's also worth checking our Black Friday Broadband Deals page, as we get close to that time of year as this is where we highlight all the best offers come November.
Do I need to do anything to claim my gift?
The process for claiming a free gift varies. Some providers may require you to simply enter an email address, others may have a lengthier process. Or it may not require any effort on your part.
Read the terms and conditions carefully to ensure you understand the process and are aware of any time limits which may apply. You might also wish to take screengrabs of the offer, or retain emails and other promotional material, in case of a dispute.
When will my ISP send my gift?
Free gifts such as vouchers, cards and gadgets will typically be sent a few weeks after the service has been activated. Setup discounts and cashback in the form of bill credits will be applied at the appropriate time.
What free gifts are available now?
If you'd like to know more about what individual Wi-Fi deals are available right now, then your next step should be to check out our broadband rewards hub. Alternatively, check out the following pages for more:
- BT free gifts: BT often offers reward cards, Amazon Vouchers and even free tech
- Plusnet broadband with free gifts: Another prolific gift giver, Plusnet regularly offer cashback or pre-paid Mastercards.
- Vodafone broadband with free gifts: Check our Vodafone reward page for the latest freebies.
- TalkTalk rewards and free gifts: We'll occasionally get exclusive Amazon Vouchers with TalkTalk, why not see what's available?
- Post Office reward cards and gifts: Less common, but Post Office broadband have been known to run deals featuring free vouchers.
- Virgin broadband free gifts: Virgin have been known to offer everything from bill credit to free headphones.
- NOW Broadband rewards: NOW broadband have been know to offer vouchers for Tesco, Lastminute.com and more.
- John Lewis Broadband vouchers: John Lewis occasionally offer free vouchers with their broadband deals.