The explosion in popularity of streaming video services marks a major change in the way we enjoy TV and movies, a moment in media history as important as the introduction of video cassettes or the first colour TV broadcasts. But now that streaming is firmly established as a viable business we're experiencing market shifts which are impacting viewers.
The world of streaming is beginning to fragment into multiple services each with their own exclusives and originals, some of which are even dedicated to a single franchise or genre. But signing up for each streaming package for everything you want to see could quickly become very expensive, and there's no consistency in the user experience or video quality. It's a situation which could quickly frustrate viewers and make them seek out alternatives.
How much are you spending on streaming? Do you see any problems with this fragmentation? Could it push you toward piracy? We'd like to know if you're bothered by the idea of these changes, so we've put together a brief survey.
In return for completing the poll below you'll be entered into the prize draw to win an NVIDIA Shield TV, a powerful streaming box which lets you access multiple video services and even play games, all with a slick Android-powered interface.
The competition opens on 31st July, and closes on 28th August. To enter the draw to win the NVIDIA Shield TV you'll need to provide a valid email address or Twitter handle at the end so we can get in touch if your name is picked.
- Terms and conditions
- Competition is open from 31/7/19 - 28/8/19.
- One winner will receive an NVIDIA Shield TV.
- Exact model is subject to availability. We reserve the right to offer an equivalent alternative.
- No cash alternative.
- In order to be eligible for the draw a valid email address or Twitter username must be supplied in the survey form.
- Winner will be selected and notified by Twitter or email within 30 days of the closing date.
- Open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over.
- Entry via the survey form only.
- One entry per person
- Not open to employees of Genie Ventures Ltd.
- This promotion is operated by Genie Ventures Ltd, Carlyle House, Carlyle Road, Cambridge, CB4 3DN.