Competition: win a Playstation 4 and games
In March next year tough new data protection rules come into force with strict guidelines for the handling, storage and disposal of confidential information, and harsh penalties for those that fail to abide by the law.
But while this should make it less likely private data is mishandled and leaked into the public domain, it won't change the fact that all of us willingly or unknowingly give up all kinds of details about our lives as we surf the internet, post on social media, or simply carry around smartphones packed with sensors which are constantly watching and listening.
We'd like to find out more about the privacy awareness of the British public, and in return for completing the survey below you'll be entered into a prize draw to win a brand new Playstation 4 games console with two games and an extra controller.
This competition opens on the 13th of October and closes at 5pm on the 3rd of November. In order to be eligible for the prize draw a valid email address or Twitter name must be supplied so we can get in touch if your name is picked out of the hat.
By entering this prize draw you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- One winner will receive a Sony Playstation 4 with Overwatch, Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy and one extra controller.
- Exact model and specification is subject to change depending on availability.
- No cash alternative.
- In order to be eligible for the draw a valid email address or Twitter username must be supplied in the survey form.
- Winners will be selected and notified by Twitter or email within 30 days of the closing date.
- Open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over.
- Entry via the survey form only.
- One entry per person
- Not open to employees of Genie Ventures Ltd.
- This promotion is operated by Genie Ventures Ltd, Carlyle House, Carlyle Road, Cambridge, CB4 3DN.