All you need to know about Onestream broadband
A newcomer to the broadband scene, Onestream was launched in 2018 as the consumer arm of independent business telecoms provider Onecom.
But why should you consider Onestream over more established providers? Saving money could be a good reason; in an increasingly crowded market, any new ISP needs something to set itself apart from the competition and Onestream aims to do that by offering very cheap home broadband deals.
What does Onestream broadband offer?
In common with almost all broadband providers, Onestream uses the Openreach (BT line) telephone network to deliver its broadband services, which means that almost every home can get a Onestream deal.
But Onestream's packages are a little different to most other providers, as it offers an entry-level fibre deal that provides faster speeds than standard ADSL.
A phone line is required for Onestream broadband, and line rental is included in the price for all Onestream deals. There are no inclusive calls as standard, but you can choose to add one of the following calling bundles for an additional fee:
- Onestream Downtime: Free evening and weekend calls to UK landlines. £2.49/month.
- Onestream Uptime: Free anytime calls to UK landlines. £7.49/month.
- Onestream Move: Call UK mobiles for 5 pence per call. £2.99/month
- Onestream World: Calls to 18 countries for 2.5 pence per minute. £9.99 per month.
- Onestream Life: Free anytime calls to UK landlines, 2.5p per minute international calling to 18 countries, and 5p per minute for calling UK mobiles. £14.99/month.
Onestream coverage and speed
As mentioned above, Onestream uses the Openreach telephone network so if you can get a BT phone line you can probably get broadband from Onestream.
Check availability for Onestream broadband in your area right now by entering a postcode here:
Broadband Genie postcode checkerWhy do we need your postcode?
Onestream broadband speed
Onestream offers a choice of three fibre broadband packages with speeds to suit the typical requirements of most households.
- Onestream Jetstream Fibre Unlimited: Fibre optic broadband with 18Mb average speed.
- Onestream Jetstream Fibre Max Unlimited: Fibre broadband with an average 45Mb download speed.
- Onestream Xstream Superfibre: Fibre broadband with an average 67Mb download speed.
The Fibre Unlimited and Fibre Max packages are unusual, offering average speeds that aren't available from any other provider.
Onestream internet usage limits and traffic management
All Onestream packages are completely unlimited. There is no fair use policy and no traffic management.
Onestream broadband - in summary
Onestream is not the cheapest fibre optic provider you'll find listed on Broadband Genie, but it does potentially have some good value packages. In particular, Onestream Fibre Max outpaces the ~35Mb average speed offered by some other provides in that price range.
But (and this is not so much a negative, more a heads-up) customer service can be a common cause for complaint with cheap broadband deals, and right now Onestream is too new for us to make a judgement on that aspect of its service. Though it’s worth noting that Onecom business broadband has won awards for customer service, which bodes well for Onestream users.
To find out more read our full Onestream broadband review.