Joined BT broadband in may on the £12.50 that included BT sport1 BT sport2 ESPN all free for 12 months. Then today a letter saying I got pay extra £5 a month a complete lie to witch they advertise on tv and talk sport. They say now all I get is BT sport 1. Even thow it's in my contract just LIES to get you to sign up. Feel like I been scammed. All this cause they now got BT Europe I no £5 a month is cheap but not the deal I signed up 4 why don't they just charge extra for BT Europe and stick to the deals they offer customers in the first place
Unsure about which package to choose? Call our helpline - 0800 4661 043 or we can call you >
- Good range of broadband packages which you can bundle with phone and TV options
- BT's fibre optic broadband service Infinity available in some areas
- Pay one year in advance to save money on your line rental
- BT Sport available to all BT broadband customers through the online app, or as a TV channel if you take BT TV
Best selling BT broadband deals
- Broadband + PhoneBT Unlimited Broadband & Weekend Calls
- FREE setup + £7.50/mth
- Includes phone bundle*+ £16.99/mth line rental, £14.16/mth if you pay 1 year in advance. Inclusive weekend UK landline calls including 0870 numbers on home phone and on your mobile with BT SmartTalk.
- Up to 17Mb max speed
- Broadband + TVBT TV Entertainment Plus, Unlimited Infinity 2, Evening & Weekend Calls
- FREE setup + £40/mth
- Phone* + £16.99/mth line rental, £14.16/mth if you pay 1 year in advance. Inclusive evening and weekend UK landline calls including 0870 numbers on home phone and on your mobile with BT SmartTalk. and digital TV*70 Freeview channels plus 25 Premium channels. FREE BT Sport Pack including BT Sport Europe YouView+ box - pause/rewind/record live TV; 7-day Scrollback TV; Catch-up TV (BBC/ITV/C4/C5); On-demand content. Access to the BT Sport app
- Up to 76Mb max speed
- Broadband + PhoneBT Unlimited Infinity 2, Evening & Weekend Calls
- FREE setup + £30/mth
- Includes phone bundle* + £16.99/mth line rental, £14.16/mth if you pay 1 year in advance. Inclusive evening & weekend UK landline calls including 0870 numbers on home phone and on your mobile with BT SmartTalk.
- Up to 76Mb max speed
Broadband Genie Home Broadband Awards
BT put in a reasonable performance in the 2015 Home Broadband Survey, even if it didn't quite win any awards.
BT was second for speed, comfortably the quickest of the ADSL and fibre providers, and came joint second for speed satisfaction. Overall 69% of BT users would recommend their ISP.
Who are BT?
The big daddy of UK broadband, BT owns the infrastructure that all other providers except Virgin Media use to put ADSL, ADSL2+ and now fibre optic internet into your home. It's the biggest fixed-line broadband provider by user numbers, its 'Home Hub' wireless router is well regarded, and it offers a good variety of products - everything from a straight broadband deal to offers including mobile phones, mobile broadband dongles and television services. With the introduction of BT Sport in 2013 the firm is now competing directly with premium TV bundle providers.
BT is rolling out 'super-fast' fibre broadband ('up to' 76Mb speeds) and continues to expand its ADSL2+ footprint, but is often criticised for not doing this fast enough (or without prompting from government). As you might expect from such a big company, some customers find the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, but it does offer 24/7 customer services and technical support, with premium options also available.
BT claims to be the world's oldest communications company, dating back to the Electric Telegraph Company of 1846. British Telecom (as it was known) was formerly part of the Post Office - then a government department - but became a public limited company (plc) in 1984. It now has more than 7 million subscribers (including Plusnet, which it owns) to its BT Broadband products.
BT home hub 5 issues from day 1, no reliable wifi for 5 months. Over 20 phone calls and not once spoken with a uk call centre despite asking to speak with a uk manager in every call. Have asked for termination and MAC 3 times and not received, continuously lied to bt BT.
After having an eviction from my sharing house, we all had to leave so I asked BT how much I would've faced to close the account earlier than the contract end. I've been told TWICE, in 2 different calls, that it would've been £30. The third time I called to close the account and I've been asked £93 plus a very arrogant advisor asking me why I was leaving and how stupid I was. I called another couple of times asking more help or to speak to a manager (which was always denied to me), and I've been asked £130 to close it the next time.
I made an official complain, supposed to be answered in 48 hours, and nobody has called me yet after 96 hours. They called me after I cancelled the direct debit and still no help, had to talk with 5 advisors on the same call till I was able to close the account and now I will face a massive bill.
Terrible customer service, no consideration for me at all, false information, advisors talking like robots and not really having conversations with you. I DO NOT recommend BT at all. Stay away, when you'll need help they will only have fun of you.
I was supposed to get my internet working on the 16 April 2014. its now the 24st of April 2015